Acceptable Use Policy
WebServiceStudioLLC reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts found in violation of these items with or without prior notice given and without liability.
WebServiceStudio LLC reserves the right to determine what constitutes acceptable usage and take the appropriate action.
1. Unsolicited Email / SPAM
Unsolicited email / SPAM carries not only a financial burden, but can also severly damage our reputation as a spam-free network. This damage can prevent legitimate email from being delivered via our network or servers. We therefore maintain a zero-tolerance anti-spamming policy. We prohibit the sending of SPAM or any unsolicited commercial email, being sent either over our network OR over any network if the email advertises or mentions in any way a site hosted on our network.
We do not permit email to be sent from ‘bought’ lists, you may only send email to lists that you yourself have collected. We are made aware of bought lists as they almost always contain spam trap email accounts, which are monitored by spam prevention groups.
In addition to the sending of bulk email, we prohibit account holders from cross-posting messages on a large number of newsgroups, websites or forums, and/or posting obscene or threatening messages whilst using or referring to an email address or website URL hosted on our network.
If you violate this policy then your account will be subject to a thorough investigation, and may be terminated without notice. Any damages will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
2. Content Restrictions
We do not permit pornography, including adult oriented pictures, videos, links to adult sites or sites containing content of a sexually explicit nature, including in written text, or which retail sex-related merchandising.
3. Backups, Storage Archives & FTP Storage Space
Hosting accounts are to be used for the purposes of hosting web sites – they are not to be used to back up content from remote computers, as a general purpose file storage system or as an FTP upload repository. We permit the storage of a single backup of your account to be stored within your space, however these must not be stored for more than 45 days. We do not permit the storing of audio music or videos, unless these music and video files are being used specifically on your web site.
4. Chat Software
We do not permit real time chat software to be hosted from within your hosting account. Third party chat solutions that integrate with your website but are remotely hosted are permitted.
5. Web Applications
All third party web applications that you install must be kept up-to-date.
Failure to keep third party applications up-to-date leaves them open to vulnerabilities, which can lead to the server being exploited. It is your responsibility to regularly check for updates to applications – we would suggest doing this once per month.
Any applications which are being actively exploited will be automatically quarantined and we will contact you to advise you of the situation. If you decide to take no action, quarantined files will be automatically deleted after 14 days.
6. The following are strictly prohibited:
- Banner rotation services & link exchanges.
- Bit torrent or other peer-to-peer applications, trackers and clients.
- Offering of free or paid image, file, document or data storage.
- Offering free hosting or email services.
- Online RPGs, hate sites, sites that promote hacking, SPAM, warez content or other illegal activities.
- Material that infringes any rights (including Intellectual Property Rights) of any third party.
- Operating a public download mirror.
- Running a gaming server.
- Running a proxy server or anonymizer, either publicly accessible or password protected.
- Web spiders and indexers.
- IRC Egg Drops & Related Programs.
- UltimateBBS, Ikonboard, YaBB, YabbSE.
- Shell, SSH, Telnet Scripts and all alternatiives.
- formmail.pl, formmail.php, formmail.cgi OR alternative names for the same script, except the secure version available for install from the Control Panel.
- Any script using a large flat file database.
If any of our policies are violated, this voids your eligibility for our money back guarantee.